Pages

Monday, September 29, 2008

A Day in Tagum City



Tagum City is just about an hour's ride from Davao. I did use my student identification card to avail of the discount in bus fares, I only paid P76.00 one way (Davao Metro Shuttle).

First Stop: Miko's Brew. Miko's Brew is a coffee shop which also offers free wifi internet access. Too bad I didn't bring my laptop during my trip. They also have a sumptuous menu which are affordably and reasonably priced. I was alone in my trip so I just ordered Fish Fillet (P55.00) and Blackforest Frapuccino (P75.00) for lunch.

Second Stop: City Hall of Tagum. Courtesy call. Let me just pay a short visit to Tagum City.

Third Stop: New Christ the King Cathedral. Who hasn't heard about the biggest rosary in the world? If you're visiting Tagum, you shouldn't miss visiting this church. It's in a 2-hectare land donated by the heirs of Dr. and Mrs. Juan M. Gonzales. The cathedral took 12 years to construct through the joint efforts of its parishioners and donors.

No comments: