Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Manila: EDSA Shangri-La

My best Manila moment was spent in EDSA Shangri-La. Although I had a lot of trouble in going to and looking for the hotel, it was all worth it. The trouble was that I did not want to take a taxi because I wanted to explore the place first-hand. So I boarded a bus en-route to Greenhills and Robinsons Galleria, went in circles in the pedestrian overpass, had to combat the drizzle, ride another bus that took me to Shangri-La Plaza, and still got lost even if I had a very good view of where the hotel is! Lesson learned: If you opt to walk, it's easier to access the hotel via the Shangri-La Plaza or SM Megamall.

Below are the top three things I loved about Shangri-La:






The Bed! I swear I could just lounge or sleep all day! They are supplied with pillows by Northern Feather (as what the pillow tag says). I can say that it was the best sleeping moment in my entire life. I wish I have that kind of bed, or that kind of pillow. The first hotel that I have encountered where I did not want to go out of the room and prefer to just stay in bed all day.








The Service. Upon entering the hotel, you will be graced will the staff's courtesy. From the entrance to the elevator to where ever! Room service is always available even when not asked. We were surprised to always see our things in proper order upon returning to our room. You don't have to ask for new sets of toiletries because they automatically replace it every day. Excellent service!











The Food. Wow, gastronomic feast every morning. Although we had to fall in line before we can get seated, it's worth it. They have a most varied sets of food to choose from. They had pink salmon, my favorite! They have blueberry muffins, also my favorite. If I want to gain weight, I could just eat there everyday and I can guarantee the increase in inches in no time! The food was really great, you can choose from several cuisines including Filipino, American, Japanese, and others. Also, their fresh fruit juices are very delicious, you can also opt to drink milk or chocolate, it feels like heaven!


Those are just the top 3 things to love about Shangri-La. There are other things worthy to share too: their fabulous flower arrangements, ample lobby space, 24/7 free wifi connection, etcetera.

Of course, my Shangri-La stay wouldn't be complete without side trips. We also went to The Fort, Fort Strip, Hierarchy Bar, and some other places their names I already forgot. We also had a good chill time at Metrowalk and of course, strolled at Shangri-La Plaza and SM Megamall.



Night Out

at Shangri-La Plaza

at Metrowalk




No comments: