Pages

Saturday, July 09, 2011

Surigao

I'm sure I made a post about this but I don't know where I posted it. I've been to Surigao fifty four years ago and it's already a fading memory.

I remember going there on official business. I was to accompany my dad as he was hired as an election lawyer for candidates in Lingig, Surigao del (Sur?). I remember not being able to make it for the first and second bus trips as there were many passengers who were going home to their provinces to vote. Instead of boarding a Surigao bus, we instead decided to board a bus bound for Butuan City and the client will fetch us from there.

If I were to share my experience in Surigao, I will definitely say that they have the BEST seafood, so far... I don't torture animals but I experienced eating what they call as "jumping salad." If you don't know what jumping salad is, well, it's live shrimps, still crawling and moving, and you have to cut its head off and take the flesh from its shell, put some seasonings, and then to your mouth it goes! It was the weirdest thing that I've done in my life. I couldn't imagine myself doing it again. It tasted delicious, though, sweet and delicious. But I just can't take the fact that I would manually kill the shrimp by taking its head off with my bare hands!!!

I will try to look for my photos during my Surigao travel and will update this blog once I've found those photos. =)

No comments: